Lingua Plus Ry is a non-profit organization to bridge life between immigrating people and Finnish society.
Our goals are:
- Retaining one’s native language and culture while learning new languages and exploring new cultures.
- Helping immigrating people to find ways to make our country their new home: education, exercise and fun for people of all ages.
- Empowering immigrating people, advancing their well-being and prevent feelings of isolation from Finnish society.
- Develop constructive feedback and interaction skills with people of different origins. Help building respect for diversity of language and cultures.
- Assisting with the overall well-being and health of immigrating people.
- Helping people to learn how to avoid or handle crises and problems in everyday life.
Some of our methods to accomplish these goals are:
- Offer language clubs and tutoring.
- Host concerts, festivals, art exhibitions, camps, competitions, discussion panels, community trips and visits.
- Coordinate and cooperate with government officials, other organizations, companies and regional offices and offer them training and education.
- Arrange cultural, social and health-based campaigns.
- Help with planning various social clubs and club activities.
- Translate brochures, literature and similar materials to different languages.
We hope to see you soon!